- Press on ≡ to choose a category.
- Select the desired trademark symbol, copy & paste where you want.
- To select a (TM) or (R) symbol: Double-click on it or slide on it with your pointer. On a mobile device, press on it and hold.
Trademark TM symbol ™ (text sign/character)
A Unicode TM ™ 'Trade Mark' sign/symbol, readily used on most systems, browsers, and applications. Select and copy-paste anywhere as needed.
Registered Trademark (R) ® symbol (text sign/character)
A Unicode (R) ® 'Registered' sign/symbol (R circled), readily used on most systems, browsers, and applications. Select and copy-paste anywhere as needed.
This symbol indicates a registered trademark.
Trademark TM emoji
You can copy-paste and use it on most social media and mobile devices. Some will display it as a simple symbol; while others, as emoji. The support in a desktop environment is limited (as for all emoji), although some browsers and applications do fully support them.
Keep in mind that every platform shows emoji slightly differently, therefore it is better to use the simple Unicode trademark tm symbol.
Trademark symbol for a service (SM / Service Mark) ℠
A Unicode SM ℠ 'Service Mark' sign/symbol, readily used in most systems, browsers, and applications. Select and copy-paste as needed.
This symbol indicates an unregistered service. After registration the symbol 'Registered Trademark' takes its place.
Books to expand your knowledge on the subject of trademarks
- Understanding Trademark Law, Fourth Edition
- Intellectual Property: The Law of Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, and Trade Secrets
- Trademark and Unfair Competition in a Nutshell (Nutshells)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, without any added cost to you.
How to type the trademark ™ symbol on a keyboard
- On Windows: ALT + 0153 (hold the ALT button pressed and type 0153)
- On Mac: ⌥ Option + 2
- On iPhones and iPads just type TM in parenthesis: (tm)
- On Linux: Compose T M
- In HTML:
How to type the Registered Trademark ® symbol on a keyboard
- On Windows: ALT + 0174 (hold the ALT button pressed and type 0174)
- On Mac: ⌥ Option + R
- On iPhones and iPads just type R in parenthesis: (r)
- On Linux: Compose O R
- In HTML:
How to use the trademark ™, ®, and ℠ symbols, signs, logos
Example with trademark ™
Example with Registered Trademark ®
Example with Service Mark ℠
Differences between Unicode trademark symbols vs trademark emoji
|Trademark symbol ™||Trademark emoji ™️|